What are some common arrangements for parenting time in Florida?

In the past, the mother normally had the majority of the time-sharing with the children. But times have changed significantly, and more and more it is likely that the court will establish a time-sharing plan that awards to both parties 50 percent of the time-sharing.

That means that 50 percent of the time the child will sleep at mother’s house and 50 percent of the time the child typically sleeps at father’s house.

Now, sometimes one of the parties is not able to share time with the child 50 percent of the time because that parent travels or for any other reason. And in those cases then sometimes the percentage is split in other ways. It could be that one parent has 80 percent of the time and the other parent has 20 percent of the time. Sometimes it’s 60, 40. So, it really depends on the individual needs of that particular family.

%d bloggers like this: